Apex Kennel With Run
- Cladding type: 12mm thick T & G Shiplap including Roof & Floor. Run section has no Floor
- Framing type: 1¾” x 1¼”
- Felt: Standard Mineral Felt
- Internal Heights: 7ft high at Apex, 5ft 6” at Eaves
- Features: Run is connected to Kennel by Stable Door with a bolt fastening, which has a bolt-hole fitted to the bottom leaf. Door on Run is Mesh Construction with bolt fastening.
- 2” x 2” Galvanised Weld Mesh
The colour samples shown should be used as a rough guide only.
If you require a more accurate match, please contact us for a colour swatch.
Please read the instructions completely before attempting to assemble the building. The instructions are intended as a rough guide only and details may vary due to the large variety of sizes and models available.
A – 1 x Floor Section
B – 1 x Plain Gable
C – 2 x Plain Side
D – 2 x Mesh Side
E – 2 x Door Gable
F – 2 x Roof Sections
G&H – Felt
I - 1 x Trim Pack
J – 2 x Diamond Finale
K – 1 x Fixings Pack
1. Treat both sides of the floor if the building has been supplied untreated. Lay the floor panel (A) in its desired position (remember to leave enough space at the back and sides of the building for roof overhang and maintenance). It is essential the floor is on a solid level base, otherwise the building will not fit together properly. Place the panels around the floor – it will help you understand how they fit together.
2. Select the plain gable (B) on the back edge of the floor (the lip on the bottom of the sides overhangs the floor. Place a plain side (C) on the floor to form a corner. Check that the sides are sitting flat on the floor and the panels are butted together, screw them together from the inside using the screws provided.
3. Screw the other plain side (C) as before.
4. Screw the kennel door gable (E) to the sides from the inside as before, remember to unlock the door first.
5. Select a mesh side (D) and screw through the framing into the kennel door gable.
6. Repeat with the other mesh side (D).
7. Fit the mesh run door gable into the gap and screw to the sides as before.
8. Place the roof sections (F) on the building so that the overhang on one side of the roof meets at the apex, before fixing check that the roof is square and sitting flat on the sides, if not it is possible the floor is not level and will need packing in one corner.
9. Screw the panels to the floor ensuring that you screw into a joist; follow the lines of nails in the floor to locate the joists.
10. Screw the two roof sections together then secure by nailing through the roof into the framing on the sides and gables.
11. Felt the roof using the small clout nails provided. Start by carefully removing the paper from the wide roll of felt; roll the felt out on a flat surface cut in half to give two equal strips. Place a strip on the roof so it overhangs each end and approximately 50mm at the side, secure with three evenly spaced nails along the upper edge then fold the felt over the side of the roof and nail every 100 – 150mm along the edge of the roof framing working from the middle outwards. Repeat on the other side. Roll the ridge felt out along the middle of the roof so the overlap is equal either side, nail down both sides every 100 – 150mm again working from the middle outwards. Fold over the ends of the felt and nail into the ends of the framing.
12. Open the trim pack and select the four fascia boards nail them to the ends of the roof using the nails provided then trim the felt.
13. Fix on the corner strips to each outside corner using three nails per strip.
14. Fix the cover strips to cover the join where the two sides meet.
15. Nail on the diamond finales.
Before allowing animals to use the Kennel have a good check round to make sure there are no nails or screws protruding especially inside the kennel.