Pent Dog Kennels
- Cladding type: 12mm thick T & G Shiplap including Roof & Floor. Run section has no Floor
- Framing type: 1¾” x 1¼”
- Felt: Standard Mineral Felt
- Internal Heights: 5ft 6” high at front, sloping back to 5ft high
- Features: Run is connected to Kennel by Sliding Door. Door on Run is Mesh Construction with bolt fastening. Door on Kennel has a Lock & Key. Kennel section measures 4ft wide x 4ft deep.
The colour samples shown should be used as a rough guide only.
If you require a more accurate match, please contact us for a colour swatch.
Please read the instructions completely before attempting to assemble the building. The instructions are intended as a rough guide only and details may vary due to the large variety of sizes and models available.
PARTS LIST – KENNEL
A) 1 x Floor
B) 1 x LH Plain End
C) 1 x RH End with Sliding Door
D) 1 x Plain Back
E) 1 x Door Front
F) 1 x Roof
L) 1 x Trim Pack
M) 1 x Nail & Screw Pack
PARTS LIST - RUN
G) 1 x RH Plain End
H) 1 x Mesh Front
I) 1 x Plain Back
J) 1 x Roof
1. Treat both sides of the floor if the building has been supplied untreated. Lay the floor panel (A) in its desired position (remember to leave enough space at the back and sides of the building for roof overhang and maintenance). It is essential the floor is on a solid level base, otherwise the building will not fit together properly and the door may not fit flush. Place the panels around the floor – it will help you understand how they fit together.
2. Select the plain back (D) and the LH Plain end (B) and place them on the floor to form a corner (the lip on the bottom of the sides overhangs the floor. Check that the sides are sitting flat on the floor and the panels are butted together, screw them together from the inside using two of the screws provided.
3. Screw the RH End with Sliding Door (C) to the plain back (D) from the inside with two screws, again making sure the sections are flat on the floor.
4. Before fitting the door front (E) remove the key from the inside of the door and unlock the door, screw the door front to the plain ends from the inside as before.
5. Select the mesh front of the run (H) and screw to the end of the kennel using two of the screws provided – make sure the two panels are level at the top.
6. Screw the Plain back for the run (I) to the kennel as before.
7. Screw the RH Plain end of the run (G) to the front and back using two screws per side.
8. Place both the roofs (F + I) on the building, divide the roof overhang equally. Check that the roof is sitting flat with the sides, if not it is possible the floor is not level and will need packing underneath. Nail the roofs to the sides and ends using the nails provided (two per side).
9. Screw the sides to the floor of the kennel (two screws per section) make sure that you screw into the floor joists which can be located by the lines of nails in the floor.
10. To felt the roof roll the first strip out along the lower side of the roof. (On the 10 x 4 the felt will need cutting to make two equal strips). Divide the overhang equally to either end. Fold the edge of the felt over the long side of the roof so it is level with the roof framing then nail into the side of the roof framing approximately every 150mm/6”, working from the middle outwards. Make sure the felt is flat then secure at the top edge with 3 nails. Roll the second strip out along the roof overlapping the first; divide the roof overhang as before. Fold the felt over the front roof framing and nail every 150mm/6” as before working from the centre out, repeat along centre join. Fold the ends of the felt over and tack with a few felt nails.
11. Open the trim pack and select the two fascia boards nail one to each end of the roof using the nails provided then trim the felt.
12. Nail a corner strip to each corner (they may need trimming to length). The two wider cover strips cover the join where the kennel & run meet.
Before allowing animals to use the Kennel & Run have a good check round to make sure there are no nails or screws protruding especially inside the kennel.