Rustic Log Store
- Cladding type: 17mm down to 3mm thick Tanalised Overlap Featheredge. Floor & Roof in 12mm thick Tanalised T & G Cladding
- Framing type: 1¾” x 1¼”
- Internal Heights: 5ft at front, 4ft 6" at rear
Felt: Standard Mineral Felt
Please read the instructions completely before attempting to assemble the building. The instructions are intended as a rough guide only and details may vary due to the large variety of sizes and models available.
1. The Floor should be laid on Bearers, on firm, level ground. (Bearers are an optional extra).
2. Position one sloping end section and back section onto the floor, ensuring cladding on the lower part of each section rests against the outside edges of the floor. The boards on the side section overlap the edge of the framing.
3. Using a drill and bit, drill pilot holes in top, middle and bottom locations, through the framing of the side section. Hold both the back and side sections in place and insert a coach screw into pilot holes. Strike screw head with hammer to help thread to bite. Tighten all 3 coach screws whilst holding side and back sections together.
4. Repeat point 3. with second side section.
5. All three sides are now fixed and assembled. Next, select roof section and place on top of three walls. Framing of roof section will sit outside of the 3 walls.
6. Square roof up, adjust required overhang, Attach roof by nailing along all 4 edges into upper most framing of the back and 2 end sections.
7. Nail corner fillets into each outside corner. Tall fillets for rear corners and short fillets for front.
8. ALWAYS START LAYING FELT ON LOWER PART OF ROOF. Stretch first piece of felt along lower part of roof, allowing enough felt overhanging roof on each end and long edge so that it will cover roof edges when folded over.
9. Lay 2nd piece of felt on top of 1st piece, again allowing enough felt to cover back and front edges of roof when folded over (for wider roofs only).
10. Nail in felt nails approximately 3” apart along seam/overlap of felt.
11. Fold felt on each corner. Offer up long fascia/barge board and nail to edge of roof framing. Fascia/barge board should be approximately 5mm higher than level of felt.
12. Attach both short fascias/barge boards to each end of roof in the same way as Point 11.
13. Fold felt over rear edge of roof, using clout/felt nails, nail felt to roof edge approximately 3” apart.
14. From the inside of your building nail every 6 – 8” through the framing of the side sections into the runners of the floor.