- Cladding type: 12mm thick T&G Shiplap including Floor & Roof
- Framing type: 1¾” x 1¼”
- Internal Heights: 6ft 5” high at front, sloping down to 5ft 11” high at rear
- Felt: Standard Mineral Felt
- Door: Lock & Key Door Fastening. Left or Right hand hung
The colour samples shown should be used as a rough guide only.
If you require a more accurate match, please contact us for a colour swatch.
Tools required: Hammer, Posidrive Screwdriver (Battery operated is useful), Stanley Knife, Saw, Step Ladders to felt roof.
Please read the instructions completely before attempting to assemble the building. The instructions are intended as a rough guide only and details may vary due to the variety of sizes available.
1. Treat underside of floor – if not already treated. Lay the floor (A) in the desired position (remember to leave enough space at the back of the building for roof overhang and maintenance). It is essential that the floor is on a solid and level base, otherwise the building will not fit together properly and the door may not fit flush. Place the panels around the floor – it will help you to understand how they fit together.
2. Select two back plain sides (B) and place them on the base (the lip on the bottom of the sides overhangs the floor). The boards on one side overhangs 50mm this goes at the back where the sides form a corner, check that the sides are sitting flat on the floor and the panels are butted together, screw them together from the inside using two of the screws provided.
3. Screw the front plain sides (B) to the back plain sides from the inside using two screws per side, again making sure the sections are flat on the floor.
4. Before fitting the door section (C) unlock the door, screw the door section to the sides from the inside as before.
5. Place the roof section (D) onto the building – do not fix yet - check that the roof is sitting flat with the sides, if not it is possible the floor is not level and will need packing.
6. Screw the sides to the floor (two screws per section) make sure that you screw into the floor joists which can be located by the lines of nails in the floor.
7. To felt the roof, start by laying the felt parallel to the left hand plain side, leave approximately 75mm (3”) overhang to the side and back and the rest at the front (see diagram). Make sure that the felt is flat and use approximately three felt nails to hold the strip in place. Fold the felt over the side of the roof and nail every 100 – 150mm working from the centre outwards. Put a few nails into the front three sides to hold felt in place.
8. Select the three fascia boards from the trim pack nail to the side of the roof using the nails provided then trim the felt at the front.
9. Nail the corner strips, the two small strips go either side of the door, the three plain strips go to the other corners.