Recycling Storage North Cornwall
- Cladding type: 12mm thick T&G Shiplap including Lid and Floor
- Framing type: 1¾” x 1¼”
- Felt: Standard Mineral Felt
- Internal Heights: 3ft 6½” at front, sloping up to 3ft 9" at rear
- Depth: 1ft 11” front to back (excluding handle)
- Width: 3ft 6¼”
- Double Door with Pad-bolt closing
- Features: Lift-up Lid with Handle and Prop to keep lid open
The colour samples shown should be used as a rough guide only.
If you require a more accurate match, please contact us for a colour swatch.
Please read the instructions completely before attempting to assemble the building. The instructions are intended as a rough guide only and details may vary due to the large variety of sizes and models available.
1. The Floor should be laid on Bearers, on firm, level ground. (Bearers are an optional extra).
2. Position one sloping end section and back section onto the floor, ensuring cladding on the lower part of each section rests against the outside edges of the floor. The boards on the side section overlap the edge of the framing.
3. Using a drill and bit, drill pilot holes in top, middle and bottom locations, through the framing of the side section. Hold both the back and side sections in place and insert a coach screw into pilot holes. Strike screw head with hammer to help thread to bite. Tighten all 3 coach screws whilst holding side and back sections together.
4. Repeat point 3. with second side section.
5. Position and fix low section in same way as points 3. & 4., but with 2 coach screws in both top and bottom of each corner.
6. All four sides are now fixed and assembled. Next, select roof section and place on top of four walls. Framing of roof section will sit outside of the 4 walls.
7. Square roof up, adjust required overhang, Attach roof by nailing along all 4 edges into upper most framing of the front, back and 2 end sections.
8. Nail corner fillets into each outside corner. Tall fillets for high sided corners and short fillets for low sided corners.
9. ALWAYS START LAYING FELT ON LOWER PART OF ROOF. Stretch first piece of felt along lower part of roof, allowing enough felt overhanging roof on each end and front edge so that it will cover roof edges when folded over. Lay 2nd piece of felt on top of 1st piece, again allowing enough felt to cover back and front edges of roof when folded over.
10. Nail in felt nails approximately 3” apart along seam/overlap of felt.
11. Fold felt on each corner. Offer up long fascia/barge board and nail to edge of roof framing. Fascia/barge board should be approximately 5mm higher than level of felt.
12. Attach both short fascias/barge boards to each end of roof in the same way as Point 11.
13. Fold felt over low side edge of roof, using clout/felt nails, nail felt to roof edge approximately 3” apart.
14. From the inside of your building nail every 6 – 8” through the framing of the side sections into the runners of the floor.